Are you as fed up of physical presents as I am? Things you don’t really want cluttering up your house? Our rooms our overflowing with toys from Christmas and now we’re into the new year with more birthdays and other occasions, when does the madness end? Instead of a present, why not give the gift of time?
Here’s a few ideas…
- Wash someone’s car
- Clean their kitchen
- Donate to their favourite charity
- A coupon book of your time – one for an hour, one for the whole weekend, etc, allowing them to decide what they’d like to do with you
- Use your skills to create them a gift – paintings, photography, textiles?
- Help them with some DIY, mow the lawn, finish that home improvement project they’ve never got round to completing
- Take a class together – anything they like from Pilates to sushi making
- Cook them a meal
- Offer your babysitting services so they can enjoy some ‘time off’
So what do you reckon? Could a gift of time be better than something off the shop shelves? Let me know what you think…