The summer holidays are in full swing. Just because the kids are off school, it doesn’t mean you have to throw money at experiences in order to make family memories.
- Go to the beach. Beaches are free! You might have to pay for parking but you could always look around for free on street parking. Take a picnic and plenty of water to stay hydrated, to cut down on costs. You might splurge on an ice cream or two though!
- Head to a free Museum. There are so many museums in this country that you can enter for free. It might spark some inspiration for you or the kids!
- Work up a sweat with a free trial at British Military Fitness. They have sessions all over the country! Keep an eye out for free gym passes too, some of them have a pool so you might be able to take the kids for a swim for free – let me know if you find any!
- Forget the pool altogether and go wild swimming!
- Visit a free festival. There are plenty, take advantage.
- Go for a walk, or a hike. Maybe do a walking tour of your nearest city. Take your camera and get snap-happy.
- Go foraging! Find out more via The Woodland Trust.
- Visit your local library. If it’s still open, use it!
- Do some gardening. I know that ours gets into a bit of a state quite easily, but children love getting their hands dirty and helping out. Maybe tidy it up a bit and get an area ready for some fruit and veg planting?
See, things don’t have to cost loads of money. Perhaps keep a tally and see how much you actually spent over the summer holidays. Let me know any other awesome ideas over on Twitter. Have a great summer!